On this Page:
Flying vs. Driving
Trying to figure out if you should fly or drive to the event? It is about 6 to 7.5 hours minimum travel time
plus flight time to get to camp via flying:
- Â½ - 1 Hour travel to the airport on average.
- 2 hours pre-flight for international flights (to/from the USA and Canada)
- 1 to 2 hour(s) minimum time in Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) (Travel from gate to baggage
claim to meeting location, then waiting for Mosaic Shuttle to arrive)
- 2.5 hours for travel time for the Mosaic Shuttle between Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and
camp without traffic. Add a little for the traffic.
The bottom line Ohio is closer to drive over flying. CT, DC, IL, MA, MD, NJ, NYC, OH, and PA, the drive time
to camp is almost the same as flying or just a little more. Check out the attached spreadsheet for more
details: Flying vs. Driving Spreadsheet.Â
Arrival by Air
Distance to/from Camp is approx. 218km / 135 Miles / 2.5 Hours (w/o traffic)
The following Airlines have direct flights between Pearson Airport and Canadian
or USA locations:
Options to get from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Camp George and Vice Versa
To and From Main Event
- Mosaic Shuttle: Take Mosaic Shuttle on TBD, 2021, to camp. See the Mosaic
- Rent a car and drive. We might be able to help you with carpooling. See the Ride
To Hotel for Pre-Trip
Go to Pre-Trip information for details about transportation to and from the
Alternate Airport: Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
to/from camp is 147 Miles (236 KM)/ 2.5 Hours (w/o traffic)
Airlines has direct flights from Boston, Newark, NJ, Chicago
- Air Canada has
direct flights from Montreal
Map of Airport
No Mosaic Transport to or from Toronto City Airport
Options to camp once at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport:
- Rent a car once you arrive at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to camp.
- Find alternative option to and from Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport and Camp George in Orville.
US /$100 CA Round Trip or $45 US / $54 CA One-Way
Plan on taking the Mosaic Shuttle from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to the main event? Please
arrive BEFORE 1:00 p.m. on TBD 2021. You must pick up your luggage and meet the group to load the Mosaic
Shuttle for a 2:04 p.m. sharp departure from the airport. Total drive time 2 to 2.5 hours pending traffic.
The Mosaic Shuttle to the airport will leave camp at 9:00 a.m. Please book your flights AFTER 2:00 pm for
domestic flights (within Canada) and AFTER 2:30 pm for international (including flights to the USA) flights on
TBD, 2021, from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ).
- 2.5 Hour = Distance from camp to airport without traffic
- 1 Hour = Buffer for holiday traffic and other issues
- 1.5 Hour = Pre-Flight for Domestic or 2 Hour Pre-flight for International
- 5 to 5.5 hours between leaving camp and the departure of your flight
Go to the Pre-Trip page for more details.
12 Passenger Van
Cost: $34 US / $40 CA Round Trip or $25 US / $30 CA US One Way
- Travel about 2.5 hours from Toronto directly to camp on TBD, 2021.
- Vans will leave camp around 9:30 am on TBD, 2021 and return to Toronto that afternoon.
- The vans may stop at a place of interest on the way home. Let us know if you have a stop in mind.
- Limit of eight people per van to allow for luggage.
- Luggage will be limited to one large bag and one small personal bag per person.
- A Bedding Rental Package will be included in the price of Van to help conserve luggage space. You are
welcome to buy a Towel Purchase Package if you want to save additional space in your luggage.
Cost: $63 US / $75 CA US Round Trip or $34 US / $40 CA US One Way
We are offering van transportation from Ottawa to Camp on TBD, 2021 and returning to Ottawa on TBD 2021.
Transportation will be via an eight-person mini-van, but limited to five people total. You can sign up for this
within the registration system.
12 Person Van
From New York City, New Jersey, Boston or Chicago
We are looking for anyone willing to drive from NYC, NJ, Boston or Chicago areas via a 12-Person Van and take
passengers to and from the event. Please contact us to let us know if you are willing. Price TBD.
Arrivals by Automobile
If you are driving to camp in your own car or rented car, you will not need to pay for any shuttles. Check-in
at camp opens at 3:00 pm on TBD, 2021. Please be kind to the organizers and do not arrive beforehand (we will
turn you away at the door if you do). Keep in mind that there may be heavy traffic on Thursday afternoon. If
you arrive between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. go directly to the dining hall and leave your stuff in the car for
later. You will be able to drive your car to your cabin to off-load your things if you arrive before dinner on
TBD 2021. After 6:30 p.m. the camp will close the roads, and you will be forced to park in the parking lots
(which may not be near your cabin). Any car that is on campgrounds and not in the designated parking lot after
6:30 p.m. on TBD 2021 will be subject to being towed.
Go to attendee information for complete driving directions.
Please let us know if you would be willing to pick up people at the airports, bus or train station.
Mileage/gasoline reimbursement is available.
Departures by Automobile
Please plan on leaving camp either BEFORE 7:00 am or AFTER 9:30 am on TBD 2021 to allow people, vans and buses
to load and depart safely. Everyone must be out of camp by 11:30 am.
Back to top of page